Northern Canada - Earthquakes
15 June 8:55 p.m. PDT: A M3.9 earthquake occurred in northwestern BC, aftershock of recent earthquake.
19 June 10:22am PDT: A M4.0 earthquake has occurred west of Gold River, near Nootka Island.
19 June 2017 update: A tsunami was reported near Uummanaq, western Greenland at 00:15 UT 18 June (22:15 17 June, local time). It has now been confirmed by the Danish military that a rockfall, which likely triggered the tsunami, occurred in the region. The cause of the rockfall is under investigation. Analysis of the recorded waveforms shows no evidence for an earthquake of magnitude 4.1 as was initially reported. The possibility that the rockfall was triggered by a very small earthquake cannot be completely ruled out.
15 June 8:55 p.m. PDT: A M3.6 earthquake in Washington State was felt on southern Vancouver Island. No reports of damage and none expected.
- 2017-06-21: M=3.9 - 73 km W of Skagway, AK - felt
- 2017-05-21: M=4.2 - 81 km WNW of Skagway, AK
- 2017-05-10: M=5.2 - 133 km NE of Keno, YT
- 2017-05-04: M=4.3 - 81 km WNW of Skagway, AK - aftershock
- 2017-05-03: M=4.0 - 79 km WNW of Skagway, AK - aftershock
Follow with the RSS feed:
Please tell us by filling out our earthquake questionnaire.
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
- The map and list of recent earthquakes | RSS feed:
- View felt or significant earthquake reports for this region
Live seismogram viewer - See the shaking!
NOTICE: The Canadian National Seismograph Network (CNSN) is undergoing equipment upgrades over the next few years. The seimograms from some stations may not be viewable on the web although we continue to acquire and process data from them. Visit Earthquake Monitoring Network Upgrade Blog to read about some of the activities.
- Seismograph stations in the region
- Search for earthquakes
- All about this region's earthquakes
For information on global earthquakes, visit:
- United States Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology Seismic Monitor
How Canadians Can Help: Major Disasters and Other Emergencies Abroad Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Date modified: