National WaveForm Archive (NWFA)
The National WaveForm Archive (NWFA) is the national repository for all digital seismic, hydroacoustic, and infrasonic waveform data generated by the GSC and other co-operating agencies. The Archive contains:
- Event-related waveforms captured by regional telemetered seismic networks in Eastern and Western Canada (ECTN/WCTN) and local telemetered networks located in Charlevoix, Quebec (CLTN) and Sudbury, Ontario (SLTN) from 1975 to 1995.
The National Waveform Archive (NWFA) is no longer available. Please use the Automated Data Request Manager (AutoDRM) to extract seismic data from our archives.
- Digitized events from the Yellowknife Seismic Array (YKA) since 1976
- Continuous data from the Yellowknife Array (YKA) since August 1989
- Continuous data from the CNSN since its inception in 1992
- Event-related CNSN data since 1992
- Quasi-continuous data from various special deployments
- Continuous data from the POLARIS network since January 1, 2002
- Events from the Global Infrasound Archive (GINA)
- Numerical acceleration data from Strong Motion deployments in Miramichi, NB 1982; Nahanni, NT 1985-86; and Saguenay, QU 1988
Data is freely available from the deployments appearing as links above, subject to the GSC's END-USER AGREEMENT FOR DIGITAL DATA.
- Date modified: