Northern Ontario - Earthquakes
14 January 11:10 PST: A pair of earthquakes (M4.2 and M4.5) occurred ~120 km to the west of the northern tip of Vancouver Island. No reports of these earthquakes being felt. Earthquake Report
- 2017-04-05: M=2.5 - 12 km W of Sudbury, ON - felt
- 2016-10-14: M=3.1 - 26 km ESE of North Bay, ON
- 2016-06-13: M=3.3 - 3 km NW of Lively, ON - felt
- 2016-01-10: M=3.3 - Mining related event, Sudbury, ON - felt
- 2016-01-10: M=3.2 - Mining related event, Sudbury, ON. - felt
Follow with the RSS feed:
Please tell us by filling out our earthquake questionnaire.
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
- The map and list of recent earthquakes | RSS feed:
- View felt or significant earthquake reports for this region
Live seismogram viewer - See the shaking!
NOTICE: The Canadian National Seismograph Network (CNSN) is undergoing equipment upgrades over the next few years. The seimograms from some stations may not be viewable on the web although we continue to acquire and process data from them. Visit Earthquake Monitoring Network Upgrade Blog to read about some of the activities.
- Seismograph stations in the region
- Search for earthquakes
- All about this region's earthquakes
For information on global earthquakes, visit:
- United States Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology Seismic Monitor
How Canadians Can Help: Major Disasters and Other Emergencies Abroad Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Date modified: