The Southern Ontario Area - Earthquakes
12 August 07:58 PDT: A M6.4 earthquake occurred in northern Alaska, about 160 km to the west of the Yukon border. There are no reports of this earthquake being felt in Canada, and no impacts expected. See the USGS for details on this event and aftershocks.
- 2018-05-08: M=3.0 - 15 km S of Ajax, ON - felt
- 2018-04-19: M=4.1 - 6 km ENE of Amherstburg, ON - felt
- 2014-02-12: M=3.1 - 40 km SW of Cobourg, ON - felt
- 2011-02-23: M=3.0 - 14 km ENE of Leamington, ON - felt
- 2006-05-04: M=2.7 - near Oakville, ON - felt
Follow with the RSS feed:
Please tell us by filling out our earthquake questionnaire.
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
- The map and list of recent earthquakes | RSS feed:
- View felt or significant earthquake reports for this region
Live seismogram viewer - See the shaking!
NOTICE: The Canadian National Seismograph Network (CNSN) is undergoing equipment upgrades over the next few years. The seimograms from some stations may not be viewable on the web although we continue to acquire and process data from them. Visit Earthquake Monitoring Network Upgrade Blog to read about some of the activities.
- Seismograph stations in the region
- Search for earthquakes
- All about this region's earthquakes
For information on global earthquakes, visit:
- United States Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology Seismic Monitor
How Canadians Can Help: Major Disasters and Other Emergencies Abroad Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Date modified: