Western Canada - Earthquakes
23 Apr 20:10 PDT - a magnitude 6.6 earthquake has occurred off the west coast of Vancouver Island, it was felt throughout Vancouver Island and the adjoining mainland. Unconfirmed reports of damage to lodge foundation in Kyuquot, Vancouver Island.
See the earthquake list below for the location and magnitude of the larger aftershocks.
Recent Significant Earthquake Reports
- 2014-04-23: M=6.6 - 85 km SSW of Port Alice, BC
- 2014-04-05: M=4.1 - offshore Vancouver Island, BC
- 2014-03-31: M=4.7 - 222 km SW of Port Alice, BC - offshore
- 2014-03-31: M=4.6 - 116 km SW of Wrigley, NT
- 2014-03-26: M=4.6 - 96 km SSE of Village of Queen Charlotte, BC
Follow with the RSS feed:
Did you feel it ?
All earthquakes of the last 30 days
In Western Canada...
- United States Geological Survey Earthquake Hazards Program
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology Seismic Monitor
How Canadians Can Help: Major Disasters and Other Emergencies Abroad Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Date modified: